Join us in fighting hunger, reducing obesity and eliminating nutrition related diseases!
Since its initiation in 2008, volunteers from all over the country as well as residents of New Orleans have participated in NOLA Green Roots’ activities and programs. Working together they have helped NOLA Green Roots achieve major milestones in improving access to fresh produce.
When you volunteer at NOLA Green Roots gardens you quickly impact thousands of people. In one day (or half day), you will help feed seniors and low-income families.
Our volunteer days provide:
- Easy access – NOLA Green Roots has five gardens all located within Orleans Parish.
- Transportation – We provide van transportation from the hotel to the garden site.
- Affordability – NOLA Green Roots community service fees are adaptable to your group.
- Versatile scheduling – NOLA Green Roots will work with your group to accommodate tight conference and convention schedules.
- Satisfaction – NOLA Green Roots volunteers enjoy their hours with us knowing that they have been a great service to hundreds of New Orleans families.
Some of our past groups include:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Blackstone Properties
- Dairy Farmers of America
- The Domain Companies
- Google, Inc.
- Jewish Community Center
- Loyola University
- Tulane University
- 1 to 5: $25 Donation Per Individual
- 6 to 15: $20 Donation Per Individual
- 16 to 30: $15 Donation Per Individual
- 30 or More: Call for Pricing
Be a part of something special and volunteer with us today! If you are interested in volunteering for a good cause and learning more about gardening, click here to register.
For more information contact:
NOLA Green Roots