Rules and Regulations
1. ALL members (Individuals, Stakeholders, Seniors) must participate in at least two workshops a month.
2. All members are required to RSVP for these workshops at least 1day before the workshop.
3. Individual members must call and email our main office when they are unable to do their garden assignment.
4. Please do not spend time in the garden when it is dark outside.
5. For your safety, be aware of your surroundings, and keep the gate closed at all times.
6. Always wear closed-toed shoes in the garden.
7. Please sign-in upon entering the garden.
8. If necessary, use water responsibly.
9. Tools and supplies are available for all gardeners. Please be sure that you and any children you are supervising clean and return tools to the proper storage area when you are finished working.
10. Tools and supplies may not be removed from the property.
11. Garden members are welcome to hold events in the garden. Please notify NOLA Green Roots of your event to avoid any scheduling conflicts. If you hold an event, you are responsible for the immediate cleanup of any garbage and decorations.
12. Members are asked not to solicit members while on NGR property or at one of NGR sponsor events.
13. If other groups (school groups, community groups, block associations, etc) are interested in using the gardens, they must contact our NOLA Green Roots office for approval of the date and activity.
14. When leaving the garden, check to see if you are the last person inside. If so, please securely lock all gates and sheds.
15. Written violation reports are given out to members who fail to complete or uphold their membership duties.
16. Pets are allowed in the front common area only and must be on a leash. Absolutely no dogs are to go beyond the front common area, even when on a leash. You must clean up after your dog.
In order to avoid injury as well as damage to garden plants and property, no running is permitted in the garden.
17. Parents/caretakers must ensure that children understand and follow all rules and regulations. Children under the age of eighteen may not be in the garden without having a parent or caretaker in the garden.
18. Members will be asked to remain a loyal community garden member, while participating in the NOLA Green Roots network.
19. Dues must be paid on or before the first of the month. If dues are not paid by the 5th day of the month, your membership will be placed on hold until the following month. Also if there is no room for new membership at this time your membership fee will be refunded.
20. Membership status cannot be changed in the middle of the month.
Enforcement of Rules and Regulations (Note: This applies to both adults and children.)
All members are responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations. If you see any individual breaking a rule, you should notify the NOLA Green Roots office. NOLA Green Roots reserves the right to revoke the membership of any member who repeatedly fails to comply with these rules and regulations. Members will receive a verbal warning upon their first offense. A written warning will be issued after the second offense. If there is a third offense, the member will be asked to give up their membership. NOLA Green Roots reserves the right to terminate your membership at any time.
This is a community garden – please respect our neighbors and the neighborhood. Let’s work with each other to ensure the continued growth of the garden and our community. Thank you for reading and for your cooperation.