Online advertising is featured within select sections of the NOLA Green Roots Web site. Advertisers who want to advertise must ensure their ads meet our business standards. Advertising generates revenue to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to residents of New Orleans.
How to place an Ad on the NOLA Green Roots Web site
There are three options for Web advertising:
- Standard Ad: (.jpg,.gif,.png) 300 pixels width by 200 pixels height
- Flash Ad: (.swf) 300 pixels width by 200 pixels height
- Video: 60 second commercials, 300 pixels width by 200 pixels height
Online advertisements on the NOLA Green Roots Web site do not collect personal information about individual visitors. NOLA Green Roots does collect nonmedical aggregate data on visitors, such as time of day and Web browser type. Such information may be shared with advertisers to determine the effectiveness of their ads.
The NOLA Green Roots Web site may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the NOLA Green Roots Web site does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by NOLA Green Roots. NOLA Green Roots shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the NOLA Green Roots Web site. Further, NOLA Green Roots shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the NOLA Green Roots Web site. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Nola Green Roots website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which Nola Green Roots exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Nola Green Roots website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
These principles are applied by NOLA Green Roots to insure adherence to the highest ethical standards of advertising and to determine the eligibility of products and services for advertising on the NOLA Green Roots Web site.
The appearance of advertising on the NOLA Green Roots Web site is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by NOLA Green Roots of the product, service, or company or the claims made for the product in such advertising. The fact that an advertisement for a product, service, or company has appeared on the NOLA Green Roots Web site shall not be referred to in collateral advertising.
As a matter of policy, NOLA Green Roots will sell advertising space on its Web site when the inclusion of advertising does not interfere with the mission or objectives of NOLA Green Roots or its publications.
To maintain the integrity of NOLA Green Roots Web site, advertising (i.e., promotional material, advertising representatives, companies, or manufacturers) cannot influence editorial decisions or editorial content. Decisions to sell advertising space are made independently of and without information pertinent to specific editorial content. NOLA Green Roots Web site’s advertising sales representatives have no prior knowledge of specific editorial content before it is published including all content posted on the NOLA Green Roots Web site.
NOLA Green Roots, in its sole discretion, retains the right to decline any submitted advertisement or to discontinue posting of any advertisement previously accepted.
1. Digital advertising may be placed on the NOLA Green Roots Web site.
2. Digital advertisements must be readily distinguishable from editorial content. The word “advertisement” must be placed adjacent to the advertising image.
3. Digital advertisements may appear as fixed banners or as animated advertisements.
4. Digital advertisements that are fixed in relation to the viewer’s screen or that rotate should be placed to insure that juxtaposition will not occur as screen content changes.
5. Digital banner advertisements should be limited to no more than 2 advertisements per screen view.
6. NOLA Green Roots logo may not appear on commercial websites as a logo or in any other form without prior written approval by the individuals responsible for the respective areas within NOLA Green Roots.
7. Advertisements may link to additional promotional content that resides on the NOLA Green Roots Web site.
8. Advertisements may link off-site to a commercial website, provided that the viewer is clearly informed by the word “advertisement” adjacent to the image or link.
9. NOLAGreen Roots will not link to websites that frame the NOLA Green Roots Web site content without express permission of the NOLA Green Roots; prevent the viewer from returning to the NOLA Green Roots website or other previously viewed screens, such as by disabling the viewer’s “back” button; or redirect the viewer to a website the viewer did not intend to visit.
10. NOLA Green Roots reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other Web sites.